Windows 10 Error Code 0xc004c003 basically saves when users try to install or activate Windows 10. Users may encounter the error code 0xc004c003 for various reasons. This could be the result of an incorrect installation or activation process. This type of problem can also occur due to the failure of the Microsoft server. Problems can also arise if the product key is not genuine. In addition, the hardware issue is a critical issue and users cannot fix it.
But in most cases, the error occurs when users cannot install Windows 10 correctly. So, let’s take a look at some underlying issues that can cause error code 0x004c003 in Windows 10. Also, discover effective solutions that can easily solve your problems.
Possible reasons for Windows 10 Error Code 0xc004c003
So before you proceed with the troubleshooting steps of Windows 10 error code 0xc004c003, we want you to be aware of the various factors that can lead you to this particular problem. There are also many approaches to this type of problem. We will highlight some of the most obvious. So you can fix the problem in no time. Take a look below and learn the steps.
- The Windows servers are overcrowded.
- An outdated version of Windows
- The activation key is blocked if the hard disk has been cloned.
- The Windows servers are busy.
- Significant hardware changes can cause this problem.
- The product key is not authentic.
Quick hacks to fix error code 0xc004c003 in Windows 10
Now you are well aware of the various factors that can lead to this problem. So you can go to the dissolved substances. There are many solutions to this error code. In this article, we provide you the most accurate solutions that will help you solve the problem in no time. Apply the given methods to resolve this error message. Take a look below to get them all.
Way 1: Apply the key ‘slmgr.vbs’ to speed up the update process
Most users encounter the error code when upgrading the operating system. Sometimes Windows 10 overload and blocked activation can cause this error. For that, you can follow the full instructions below.
- First, right-click on the Start menu button.
- Then select ‘Command Prompt‘.
- When the Windows command prompt with administrator rights appears, type ‘slmgr.vbs-rearm‘ there.
- Press the Enter key.
- Wait a while and restart the system.
Way 2: Check the internet connection
To activate Windows 10 you must have a good internet connection. So before you start the activation process, make sure that the internet connection is working properly. If you have connection problems, fix the problem by resetting the internet connection. You can also take additional measures by restarting your computer to see if that resolves the problem. If the problem still bugs you, leave your PC idle for a few minutes.
Way 3: Restart the Windows Update service
After checking the internet connection, you need to restart the Windows Update service. Please follow the instructions below:
- Right-click on the Start menu and open the Control Panel section.
- Type ‘Administrative Tools‘ in the search box.
- Then select ‘Services‘.
- Now type a password or give permission to continue.
- Then select the ‘Column header name‘ and sort the names.
- Once you’ve done it, click on the Windows Update Service option.
- Then open the Start menu again and close all the Systems Manager and Services windows.
Finally, restart your device and find out if the error code gets fixed or not.
Way 4: Update the BIOS
BIOS is the Basic Input Output System. BIOS identifies and fixes all hardware problems of your device. If the BIOS is not updated, it causes the error. To fix this you need to change the settings or update the BIOS. It is easy to update the BIOS, but you should be careful when you update it. Because if you make a mistake or an error occurs, you may lose your valuable data. So we have a suggestion to always back up your data first and then update it. Then you don’t have to worry about losing critical data.
To update the BIOS, you need to follow these next steps:
- First, go to the official website and find the name of your device there.
- Go to the option ‘Drivers and software’ and by expanding this you will find BIOS / UEFI.
- Click the eye-shaped button to see the latest update for the BIOS associated with the system.
- Download the latest version of it.
- Now open the ‘.exe’ file and follow the instructions to update the BIOS.
- Restart the computer and check if the Windows 10 error code 0xc004c003 is resolved or not.
- If the problem still bugs you, just move on to the next method.
Way 5: Check the product key again
You may also encounter the problem if you gave the wrong product key to activate. In this situation, you must check the validity of the product key. Also try using a different key to activate the server. If you cannot find the product key, take the help of the command prompt. Check out the guidelines below.
- Hold down the Windows key and the X button at the same time.
Select ‘Command Prompt’.
- When the command prompt appears, type the command ‘wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey’.
- Now you need to check the product key.
- Then click and hold the Windows and I keys.
- Go to the Settings app and click on the ‘Update & Security’ option.
Now go to the Activation folder.
- In the right pane, choose “Change the product key.”
- Finally type the product key and select ‘Next’.
- Check if Windows 10 error code 0xc004c003 is fixed or not.
Way 6: Install the previous Windows version and then update
Sometimes the error code can also appear in Windows 10 because the malfunction is in the earlier version of the operating system. Due to the presence of faulty items in the older version of Windows, this can hinder the activation process. So, if you want to fix the problem, you need to install the previous version of Windows. When the Windows 10 upgrade is complete, perform a clean installation. To perform a clean installation, turn on the PC and insert the Windows installation DVD or CD. Then boot the system via DVD, where you can set this option using BIOS. Therefore, install your favorite version of Windows OS.
After installing the earlier version of Windows OS, you must activate it before updating to Windows 10. If you want to update the recent version of Windows, download all updates.
Way 7: Do a clean start
Performing a clean boot is another procedure to resolve this problem. When you open Windows, some applications run in the background. It can cause these problems. Make sure to log in as the administrator. Let’s take a look below to perform the process.
- First go to the search box and type ‘msconfig’.
- Click on the ‘System Configuration’ option.
- Then select the ‘Services’ tab and click on the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ folder.
- Then click on the ‘Disable All’ button and go to the Startup tab.
Select Task Manager.
- Finally, close Task Manager and click on the OK option.
- Restart your device and check if the problem got solved or not. If not, follow the next procedure below.
Method 8: Run the SFC scan
If one of the above methods doesn’t work to fix this problem then you should perform the System File Checker properly. This tool will help you to repair the damaged ‘.dll’ file. Now follow the guidelines below:
- Click and hold the Windows logo and X at the same time.
- Then select ‘Command Prompt’.
- When a consent dialog box appears, click the OK option.
- Type ‘sfc / scannow’ in the command prompt section and press Enter.
These are some helpful solutions that will help you root out the Windows 10 error code 0xc004c003. Most hacks are simple and easy to use. But you need to be careful in solving this critical problem. Otherwise, the system may be permanently damaged. So, go through the list and try to solve the problem step by step.
Sarah Johnson is a Microsoft Office expert and I am working in the technology industry for the last 5 years. As a technical expert, I wrote technical blogs, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup.